Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Essay 882


Justice is blind, deaf and dumb in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Six Los Angeles homicide detectives are spearheading a special task force to investigate the 1997 murder of Notorious B.I.G. The group hopes to uncover new evidence to help fight the lawsuit filed by the rapper’s family. Although they’ll probably find new evidence to hide from officials.

• Mel Gibson checked into a treatment center and continued his apologies stemming from the infamous DUI arrest. “I’m not just asking for forgiveness [for making anti-Semitic remarks],” said Gibson. “I would like to take it one step further, and meet with leaders in the Jewish community, with whom I can have a one-on-one discussion to discern the appropriate path for healing. … There is no excuse, nor should there be any tolerance, for anyone who thinks or expresses any kind of anti-Semitic remark. … But please know from my heart that I am not an anti-Semite. I am not a bigot. Hatred of any kind goes against my faith.” Hey, here’s the perfect product for Gibson to endorse…

No comments: