Thursday, March 31, 2005

Essay Nineteen

[The following was forwarded to me, so I’m sharing it with y’all. I’m keeping the writer’s identity semi-anonymous since I don’t know the individual personally.]

Greetings~

I am deeply disturbed after hearing about R.J. Dale Advertising having to undergo three separate audits conducted by the State of Illinois in less than a year after receiving the General Market advertising assignment of the Illinois State Lottery account. This Black owned and operated agency has undergone excessive scrutiny that I think has been unnecessary. When will this stop? They earned the account after competing against several other advertising agencies — and having done an outstanding job that obviously produced the results the Illinois State Lottery was looking for when they handled the Urban portion of the account.

I am asking my friends to send correspondence to Governor Blagojevich to stop the auditing of this agency.

Contact http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm, the Office of the Governor, 207 State House, Springfield, IL 62706, (217) 782-0244, or (312) 814-2121 [TTY (888) 261-3336]. Also, feel free to contact your local Illinois Senators about this matter.

Many thanks for joining me in this effort.

Warmest regards,

Taj

No comments: