It’s Phat Tuesday with MultiCultClassics Minutes…
• A Cook County Criminal Court Judge in Illinois stirred controversy by refusing to seat an all-White jury. During jury selection for a recent murder trial, Circuit Judge Evelyn Clay proclaimed, “Folks, you all know I have a rule; I don’t seat all White jurors.” It appears Judge Clay is guilty — of understanding how the system really works.
• Miami Dolphins running back Ricky Williams has rejoined the team, ending his year-long retirement. Williams still faces a four-game suspension for violating the league’s substance abuse policy. Nonetheless, he’s happy to be back on natural grass.
• A 40-year-old woman who wanted to be a “cool mom” admitted to arranging parties for teens where she supplied drugs, booze and sex. Silvia Johnson now faces a prison sentence for her crimes. The inevitable send-off party is gonna rock.
• In light of recruiting problems, the U.S. Army is being more sensitive about how people are abused at boot camps. No word on changes regarding how people are abused at prison camps.
• Ads for the upcoming AAF Forum Diversity Achievement And Mosaic Awards 2005 lead with the headline, “Advertising Week explodes when diverse minds come together.” Rather curious choice of words given all the continued paranoia surrounding terrorism. But the event is sure to be da bomb.