Monday, August 06, 2007

Essay 4273


Monday morning mini-MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Rapper Twista is ranting over Mickey D’s decision to cut him from a promotional concert (see Essay 4238). “I am very disappointed by McDonald’s decision to cancel my participation in the McDonald’s Live Tour,” said Twista in a statement. “Being that McDonald’s and I have worked together in the past, it was unsettling that I would be removed from the tour after undergoing the planning process and receiving assurances from McDonald’s on multiple occasions that I would appear on the tour.” Twista, insisting Mickey D’s was responding to the Don Imus incident, also remarked, “The recent trend of finger-pointing, and playing the blame game with certain media outlets and certain individuals needs to stop.” Um, that’s about as likely as Mickey D’s selling healthy food.

No comments: