This actual craigslist ad might explain the quality of creative work coming from Draftfcb. The place is seeking a Recruiting Manager to identify, court and sign up wunderkinds for The Agency of the Future. The prerequisites? A whopping 4-5 years as a “professional,” and at least two years in the HR department. Plus, recruiting experience is not mandatory. The ideal candidate “[d]evelops a pipeline of star talent for future needs.” Sounds more like a pipe dream.
Draftfcb Chicago — Recruiting Manager
Reply to: email@example.com
Date: 2009-07-01, 1:41PM CDT
The Talent Hound. The Attentive Listener. The Problem-Solver.
The Draftfcb Recruiting Manager
Partnering with hiring managers and human resources generalists to define staffing needs, the Draftfcb Recruiting Manager creates effective strategies for hiring high-quality talent. Responsible for the entire recruiting cycle — from sourcing candidates to making offers — this person must have the persistence and patience to find the needle in the haystack.
• Enjoys the challenge of managing competing demands in a high-pressure environment
• Knows the value of creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor when problem-solving
• Possesses excellent project management. Strong communication skills a must.
• Has the ability to anticipate needs before they arise and acts accordingly
• Shows solid judgment when handling sensitive and confidential information
• Is capable of weathering long lines, flight delays and lost luggage from time to time
• Must have 4-5 years of professional experience
• Minimum 2 years in HR, preferably Recruiting
• Works with teams to identify both short- and long-term staffing needs
• Sources and interviews all candidates presented to hiring teams
• Contributes ideas toward the continued improvement of our recruiting process including creative and cost-effective sourcing strategies, interview procedures, candidate assessment tools, and branding materials
• Develops a pipeline of star talent for future needs
• Builds and maintains excellent relations with hiring teams and candidates