Thursday, October 21, 2010

8086: Open Mic Madness.


Crazy talk in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas’ wife, Ginni Thomas, is in the news again, now insisting that the recently passed healthcare law is unconstitutional. Maybe she’ll leave a message on President Obama’s voicemail.

• Republican Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell said she regrets making a campaign ad where she declared, “I’m not a witch.” Unfortunately, she doesn’t have the magical ability to make it disappear.

• NPR analyst Juan Williams was fired after making comments about Muslims on Bill O’Reilly’s TV show. “I mean, look, Bill, I’m not a bigot. You know the kind of books I’ve written about the civil rights movement in this country,” said Williams. “But when I get on the plane, I got to tell you, if I see people who are in Muslim garb and I think, you know, they are identifying themselves first and foremost as Muslims, I get worried. I get nervous.” No word on how Williams reacts when confronted by O’Donnell the Witch or Ginni Thomas the Nutcase.

• The NAACP released a report raising concerns about racism within Tea Party groups. The report argues that Tea Party groups “have given platform to anti-Semites, racists and bigots.” At this point, these folks make Alice in Wonderland’s tea party look downright tame.

No comments: