This actual job listing symbolizes the sorry state of affairs in the advertising industry. A firm is seeking a “Rockstar” Creative Director with at least 3 years of total career experience to serve as the “creative force” for the “profitable CPA (Cost per acquisition) lead generation/referral business.” The candidate “must be extremely creative” with energy—the latter quality being the “most important asset of any key player on our team.” The going rate for an energetic “rockstar” maxes at $65k per year.
City Y, State Z
Creative Director (Rockstar) – Wanted
Company X is a rapidly growing resource management company that services as an incubator for a number online businesses. At the core, is a profitable CPA (Cost per acquisition) lead generation/referral business, with a 100+ person sales and fulfillment center focused in the credit challenged space since 2005. We are currently looking for a Creative Director who has extensive experience working with traditional media and brand management to join our 20+ people digital Marketing team. This person’s core function would be to create, manage and oversee the productions of our print/traditional branding media campaigns, while uncovering new opportunities. (a.k.a. Marketing Rockstar)
Why this is a Dream Job:
• You will be the creative force behind all of ours print-media, TV, Video Production campaigns, ensuring brand identity and recognition is at the core of our campaigns.
• You will be creatively working with energetic entrepreneurs to grow existing business, while be working on new Branding opportunities.
• This is an opportunity for you to be a key player in a fast paced, motivated and driven marketing group. (Work hard–Play harder environment.)
• Capability to influence the creation creative ad copies including but not limited to print collateral, digital ad copies, copywriting and video.
• Providing strategic insights to help accelerate the sales growth and profitability of Facebook Ads, display ads, social, email marketing and other marketing channels.
• CREATIVE—Must be extremely creative.
• 3+ years of experience in marketing
• Energy (Most important asset of any key player on our team)
• Experience—3+ years executing results-driven paid marketing programs and a minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
• Team Player—Strong analytical and communication skills with the ability to articulate performance metrics challenges and opportunities
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00 to $65,000.00 / year