Sunday, November 05, 2006

Essay 1287


A Stereotypical Sunday MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Borat rules at the box office. This shows the entertainment value of bigotry and stereotypes. The film is rated R — probably for racism.

• Two children of Martin Luther King Jr. are questioning the location of a proposed civil-rights museum. The Coca-Cola Company donated land for the museum near Atlanta’s tourist area. Martin Luther King III and Bernice King think the museum should be built closer to the King Center and Ebenezer Baptist Church. Bernice King remarked, “It just seems appropriate to place something of this magnitude, a civil- and human-rights museum, in a place where it has more of a historical context.” Hey, Coke executives probably preferred the product placement potential of the donated land, which will be near the future World of Coca-Cola Museum.

• “The public eye has always been kind to me, and until recently I have been able to live a pretty normal life. … Now it seems there is speculation and interest in my private life and relationships. So, rather than ignore those who choose to publish their opinions without actually talking to me, I am happy to dispel any rumors or misconceptions and am quite proud to say that I am a very content gay man living my life to the fullest and feel most fortunate to be working with wonderful people in the business I love,” proclaimed actor Neil Patrick Harris of “Doogie Howser, M.D.” fame. Didn’t realize anyone really cared.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Have you or are you going to see Borat? Thing that struck me most was how much it was basically Jackass as anything.