Sunday, November 19, 2006

Essay 1348


Sunday Brunch served with O.J. in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Judith Regan, publisher of the upcoming O.J. Simpson book, released an 8-page statement insisting she’s not in it for the loot. “I didn’t know what to expect when I got the call that the killer wanted to confess,” wrote Regan. “But I knew one thing. I wanted the confession for my own selfish reasons and for the symbolism of that act. For me, it was personal.” Regan said she believed Simpson’s proceeds would go to his children; plus, she said, “What I wanted was closure, not money.” Funny how she got little closure, but will probably receive tons of money.

• O.J. proclaimed during a 2004 videotaped discussion that he’d go to great lengths to make loot. “If it’s something for me to promote, I’d go on Geraldo’s show. I don’t give a fuck,” said O.J. on a video that never aired. “Just as long as you’re talkin’ about me and helping me make some money — ha ha ha!” As a comedian, O.J. could really kill.

• Some California booksellers are refusing to promote the O.J. book, insisting they’ll donate any profits to charity. Certain dealers feel they were hoodwinked, as the publisher promised a potential blockbuster, but refused to reveal the subject and author. Meanwhile, Wal-Mart intends to sell the book with no regrets and said, “The ultimate factor in the decision to carry this title is that we think our customers will want it.” Can’t wait to see the retailer’s holiday promos for this item.

• Rapper The Game was arrested in Manhattan for impersonating a cop. The artist allegedly hopped into a livery cab after an appearance on the “Late Show with David Letterman,” flashed a badge and told the driver to run through red lights because he was in a hurry to get somewhere. The rapper’s lawyer disputed the story and said, “This whole case is so ludicrous.” Hey, don’t blame it on another rapper.

No comments: