Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Essay 1354


Killing onstage with a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• O.J. Simpson’s book and TV program were killed. Regarding the decision to end the projects, News Corp. Chairman and CEO Rupert Murdoch essentially said, “I did it.” Murdoch’s official statement read, “I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project. … We are sorry for any pain this has caused the families of Ron Goldman and Nicole Brown Simpson.” Maybe they can rework the video into a “When Animals Attack” spin-off.

• Michael Richards apologized for his racist rant delivered during a performance at a Los Angeles comedy club. Richards repeatedly directed the N-word at a heckler. “I was at a comedy club trying to do my act, and I got heckled and I took it badly and went into a rage,” said the former Kramer of Seinfeld fame. “For me to be in a comedy club and flip out and say this crap, I’m deeply, deeply sorry. I’m not a racist. That’s what’s so insane about this.” Wonder if Richards will now plan a comedy tour with Sacha Baron Cohen and Mel Gibson.

No comments: