Sunday, June 01, 2008

5538: Fuzzy Clarifications.


Setting the record straight in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Sharon Stone is apparently not happy with the apology issued by Christian Dior. After remarking the earthquakes in China had a karmic flavor, the actress backpedaled along with the fashion advertiser. But on Thursday, Stone claimed her Dior-delivered apology had been edited, much like the original offending video clip. When initially contacted by Dior chief executive Sidney Toledano, Stone said, “I talked to Sidney and I said: ‘Let’s get serious here. You guys know me very well. I’m not going to apologize. I’m certainly not going to apologize for something that isn’t real and true—not for face creams.’” Stone wanted to clarify the statement versus say she was sorry. A statement released to The New York Times included, “I am deeply saddened that a 10-second poorly edited film clip has besmirched my reputation of over 20 years of charitable services on behalf of international charities. My intention is to be of service to the Chinese people.” Upon viewing the video, Stone also remarked, “I had absolutely no intention of saying that, which I did say. … And now, looking at it on the tape, I look like a complete ding-dong.” Wonder if she’s viewed a tape of Basic Instinct 2, which also warrants an apology.

• The New York Post claimed former New York Governor Eliot Spitzer might be tempted to write a book to clarify his infamous ouster. When someone offered to be his biographer, Eliot remarked, “If anyone writes it, I’ll write it myself and correct the lies.” Oh, sure he would. He’d actually be better off having Sharon Stone handle the job.

No comments: