Monday, August 10, 2009

7004: Definitely Not Leo Burnett.


This actual craigslist ad seeks a designer for a start-up advertising agency. Candidates must have catalog experience and know how to “find the right letters”—which likely means you should possess typography skills. Interviews will be held at a local Barnes & Noble. As for compensation, prospective employer Leo promises, “WE WILL DISCUSS THIS.” The saddest part? Leo will probably meet with hundreds of job seekers.

Ad agency (Chicago)
Date: 2009-08-10, 2:30PM CDT
Reply to: gigs-dtts5-1316017751@craigslist.org

I am looking for a graphic Des. that can create a catalog of advertisements. I am in the process of building the company from ground up. I have built, and sold a marketing company before, so i know how to start, and run companies. I am looking for a specific type of designer. CATALOG ADS. You need to be able to 1-find pics, 2-find the right letters, colors, etc... If you believe that you can get the job done, and if you GET the job done i will hire you permanently to be my in-house Des, once i open the doors to my agency. I will be meeting with people for the next week. I will meet with people at the Barnes and noble on Touhy ave, and carpenter rd. That is in Skokie, IL. (about 2 blocks west on 90/94 of the Touhy west exit) When we schedual an appointment please come with a resume, and a portfolio of work that you have done in the past. I will tell you this; This will start out like anything else in life, it will take a lot of hard work, and perseverance but i can guarantee you this, if you are hired by the agency you will have a long, happy, and successful road with us. I look forward to meeting all of you, and i wish you success, and happiness in your lives!
CALL ME FOR AN APPOINTMENT
312-401-9997 -LEO-

Location: Chicago
It’s NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
Compensation: WE WILL DISCUSS THIS

No comments: