Friday, December 22, 2006

Essay 1465


Still duking it out with a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Rosie O’Donnell and Donald Trump went a few more rounds in their Battle of the Network Egos (see Essay 1459). Trump said O’Donnell was “unattractive,” a “bully,” and attracted to Miss USA. “Ultimately, Rosie is a loser, and ultimately [The View] will fail because of Rosie,” proclaimed Trump. O’Donnell introduced her partner on The View and remarked, “I was afraid to leave her home in case somebody with a comb-over came and stole her from me.” If this were a boxing match, the bell would ring “ching-chong” already.

• Rep. Virgil Goode (R-Va.) refused to back down from his anti-Muslim letter (see Essay 1459). “I will not be putting my hand on the Koran,” declared Goode. Muslims across America can breathe a sigh of relief over that announcement.

• Condoleezza Rice remarked on whether the country is ready for a Black president:

“I’ve thought for a long time, actually, that this was barrier that an individual could certainly overcome. I think we shouldn’t be naive. Race is still an issue in America. When a person walks into a room, race is evident. It’s something that I think is going to be with us for a very, very long time.

“I don’t think we are colorblind and I don’t think we are going to be colorblind in my lifetime. But I think we have become capable of looking past color to see capability, to see merit and character and to overcome stereotypes and to be able to therefore trust somebody’s abilities. And that’s what people look for, I think, when they are looking for a president. Yes, I think a Black person can be elected president and I think they’ll probably in the final analysis be judged by all the things that Americans ultimately end up making their decision on.”

No word if Rice is ready to enter the presidential ring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She announced this after meeting with the Canadian Foreign minister, who she is screwing. She's not screwing Bush anymore? Now wants to be President after giving the US her WMD degree and the Iraq war?