Sunday, December 10, 2006

Essay 1419


A Sickening Sunday MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Taco Bell and health officials identified scallions as the probable culprit behind the E. Coli that sickened customers across six states. “We’ve taken this health issue very seriously and are extremely concerned for all those who are ill. Our company has moved quickly to safeguard the health of our customers and employees,” said the president of Taco Bell Corp. Hey, has anyone seen the Taco Bell Chihuahua lately?


• Despite facing an ongoing federal bribery investigation, U.S. Rep. William Jefferson handily beat his Democratic opponent in a runoff election on Saturday. Who got bribed to secure that victory?

• LL Cool J is launching a line of designer clothing. “I like to do cool things, and I like to do different things,” said LL. “I’ve been doing the clothing thing for so many years on different levels. I just thought it was time to bring something out on my own. As we go forward, you’re going to see the stuff that I wear on the red carpet. I know how to dress.” The clothing will be exclusively available at Sam’s Club, where the trendsetters go for the latest gear.

• The Apocalypto is upon us, as Mel Gibson’s film nabbed the top spot at the box office. If Gibson decides to celebrate by popping a few bottles of champagne, somebody please grab the man’s car keys.

No comments: