Sunday, October 15, 2006

Essay 1220


An international comment responding to the AdAge perspective presented in Essay 1205…

> It amazes me how many of us “minorities” can’t talk enough of how unfairly this industry treats us. Look folks, if you think growing up in suburban America as a minority was tough, you’ll get no argument from me. As Ms. Vargas said, times are changin’. Hispanics will have their say, so will Asians and so will blacks. It may not happen all at the same time, but I’m already seeing the benefits of the influence of Asian cultures in the world and all I can say is, “it’s about time”! Marc, regardless of what everyone here is saying about your poor choice of words, I do know where you’re coming from. I worked for Philadelphia’s very own George Beach back in the early 90’s when his office was a mix of Indian, Pakistani, Afro-Caribbean, Korean, and white. George actively recruited minorities to keep his agency edgy. If Hollywood is any indicator, I think we’ll see more minorities in creative agency positions before too long. — Ken Hong from Hong Kong

No comments: