Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Essay 4537


At the buzzer with a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• The verdict is in. Madison Square Garden and its chairman owe $11.6 million to fired executive Anucha Browne Sanders. Isiah Thomas was also found guilty of sexual harassment, but won’t have to pay any money from his own wallet. Of course, the losers have vowed to appeal. “I’m innocent, very innocent, and I did not do the things she has accused me in this courtroom of doing,” griped Thomas. “I’m extremely disappointed that the jury did not see the facts in this case. I will appeal this, and I remain confident in the man that I am and what I stand for and the family that I have.” A statement from Madison Square Garden read, “We believe that the jury’s decision was incorrect and plan to vigorously appeal the verdict. … We look forward to presenting our arguments to an appeals court, and believe they will agree that no sexual harassment took place and MSG acted properly. … The normal operations of Madison Square Garden and the New York Knicks will continue unabated.” Which means fans can look forward to another hopeless, playoffs-free season.

No comments: