Thursday, November 01, 2007

Essay 4651


Dogging the news in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• If you’re hunting for the latest celebrity bigot, look no further than Dog the Bounty Hunter. The A&E star was recorded using the N-word repeatedly during a phone conversation with his son. Dog was dogging the boy for dating a Black woman, remarking that her presence would make it tough for his crew to use slurs on set. “I don’t care if she’s a Mexican, a whore, whatever. It’s not because she’s Black, it’s because we use the word nigger sometimes here,” ranted Chapman. “I’m not going to take a chance ever in life of losing everything I’ve worked for, for 30 years, because some fucking nigger heard us saying nigger. … It’s that we use the word nigger. We don’t mean, ‘You fucking scum nigger without a soul.’ … We don’t mean that shit, but America would think we mean that.” The star later issued an apology that included stating he has “utmost respect and aloha for Black people who have suffered so much due to racial discrimination and acts of hatred. … I did not mean to add yet another slap in the face to an entire race of people who have brought so many gifts to this world. I am ashamed of myself and I pledge to do whatever I can to repair this damage I have caused. … My sincerest, heartfelt apologies go out to every person I have offended for my regrettable use of very inappropriate language. I am deeply disappointed in myself for speaking out of anger to my son and using such a hateful term in a private phone conversation. … I was disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term.” A friend also claimed Dog said, “This now puts me in the category of Don Imus, and I’m not that guy.” Actually, Don Imus should take offense over that comparison.

• A former creative director for the U.S. division of ad giant Dentsu filed a lawsuit claiming he was pressured to solicit hookers as a condition of employment. “[Dentsu honcho Toyo] Shigeta maintained that having sex with prostitutes was a Japanese style of conducting business,” according to the lawsuit. The suit also charges that Shigeta and another Japanese businessman once celebrated a deal by hiring a whore in Mexico for a threesome. Dog the Bounty Hunter would probably insist, “I don’t care if she’s a Mexican, a whore, whatever.”

• Chrysler plans to cut about 12,000 jobs. Company officials are probably glad the news was barely noticed thanks to the rant of Dog the Bounty Hunter.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“We don’t mean, ‘You fucking scum nigger without a soul. We don’t mean that shit, but America would think we mean that.”

Gee I wonder why.