Saturday, May 03, 2008
5431: Cold Calling.
Phoning it in with a MultiCultClassics Monologue…
• Chrysler is launching a program where company executives will make phone calls to customers to check if they’re happy with their vehicles. Knowing Chrysler, the honchos will probably call during dinner or while you’re on the toilet.
• Add Linens ‘n Things to the list of retailers struggling to stay in business. The company will file for bankruptcy ‘n close 120 stores nationwide.
• The Chicago Sun-Times reported a new twist in the upcoming R. Kelly child pornography trial. Apparently, a witness will testify she was involved in a three-way with Kelly and the alleged underage victim. She no doubt has the Linens ‘n Things to prove it.
• As expected, Wesley Snipes and his lawyers filed to appeal his federal tax conviction. OK, the man failed to file his taxes for years, but had no problem immediately filing an appeal.
• Foxy Brown is facing a new lawsuit from the neighbor she allegedly bashed in the face with her BlackBerry last August. Maybe Foxy can collect some legal defense loot by appearing in one of those “Why I Love My BlackBerry” ads.