Tuesday, June 27, 2006
Hollywood trash in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…
• Boy George arrived in New York to begin the five-day community service sentence for his October cocaine-related conviction. George will act as a garbage man. Who decided that being a garbage man should be considered punishment?
• Rush Limbaugh was questioned at Palm Beach International Airport for carrying drugs without a prescription. This time, it wasn’t painkillers, but Viagra. Guess Limbaugh’s personality isn’t the only thing that’s dysfunctional.
• Michael Jackson is facing his latest court battle, this time with a pornographer and business associate charging the King of Pop owes him $3.8 million. The former associate said he loaned Jacko money for stuff including the production of two TV specials intended to improve the artist’s reputation. Um, Jackson ought to demand a refund for those efforts.
• Naomi Campbell is being sued by another maid who claims the supermodel beat her. Campbell’s current legal problems could land her in jail for seven years, along with deportation. Or it will probably lead to a new and highly profitable reality TV series.
• A new study now says teens are having fewer babies and dropping out of school less. However, there’s an increase in the number of kids living in poverty. Maybe they should try to land jobs as Naomi Campbell’s housekeepers.