Monday, March 16, 2009
6547: Jackie And Jackasses.
Comedy killers in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…
• Alleged comedian Jackie Mason is drawing fire for a comment he made about President Barack Obama. Mason referred to Obama as a “schwartza” during a performance, and later explained himself by proclaiming, “I’m an old Jew. I was raised in a Jewish family where ‘schwartza’ was used. It’s not a demeaning word and I’m not going to defend myself.” The non-defense continued when Mason added, “Chris Rock has told a lot more jokes about whites than I have against Blacks. What about the demeaning words Blacks say about Jews?” And he capped it off with, “If it’s a racist society, the white people are the ones being persecuted because they have to defend themselves.” Maybe Mason will team up with Michael Richards and Don Imus for a KKKings of Comedy tour.
• A new study shows the ability to reason, spatial visualization and the speed of thought all peak around the age of 22 and start deteriorating by 27. This explains a lot about the state of big advertising agencies on Madison Avenue, where dinosaurs inhabit the C-level offices. It also might explain Jackie Mason.
• Christine Beatty, former chief of staff and lover to ex-Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick, left prison after serving 69 days of her 120-day sentence. Now Beatty and the recently released Kilpatrick are looking for jobs. Maybe the texting duo can replace Dwyane Wade and Charles Barkley in T-Mobile commercials.
• A new national poll shows Americans are most worried about unemployment. However, they’re not at all worried about the unemployment of Beatty and Kilpatrick.
• The CEO of Six Flags claims a key debtholder is refusing to meet, prohibiting the theme park from creating an out-of-court refinancing deal to avoid bankruptcy. Refinancing deal: Zero Flags!!!