The Census Bureau updated its prediction for the moment when U.S. Whites will no longer be the majority rulers, pushing back the time eight years to 2050. The reasons behind the change include the recession and tougher immigration policies that have slowed the introduction of foreigners into America. The revision inspired the following list:
Top Ten Reactions To Pushing Back “Whites-No-Longer-The-Majority” Date To 2050.
10. Rush Limbaugh celebrates having eight extra years of relevance and popularity.
9. Behind closed doors, The One Club uses the news as another excuse for firing Julius Dunn and abandoning Adversity.
8. Tiger Woods shows no concern, as he’ll still have plenty of hotties to choose from.
7. Procter & Gamble readjusts its radar screen by eight years.
6. Draftfcb quietly reduces the U.S. Census advertising budget allocations for minority agencies.
5. Mickey D’s begins gradual “tanning” of Ronald McDonald.
4. The National Urban League, the NAACP, Rev. Al Sharpton and Rev. Jesse Jackson not surprised one bit.
3. ADCOLOR@ Coalition ponders inevitably switching its name to ADWHITE® Coalition.
2. Coca-Cola continues talking about the importance of minority audiences, yet will do nothing substantial or measurable for an additional eight years.
1. Madison Avenue plans to finally “get serious” about diversity—in the year 3000.