Thursday, July 31, 2008
5765: Seeking Simian Version Of Shackleton.
This actual job listing for WPP-Dell enterprise Enfatico demonstrates the startup’s Herculean challenge of recruiting candidates. Like the iconic classified advertisement attributed to Ernest Shackleton, the message lures thrill-seekers. Applicants are only offered a “competitive compensation package” for the possibility of producing “great work for terrific clients”—although the plural form of clientele is currently a pipe dream—alongside “a talented team” still being assembled. In the end, the job specs tell the true tale: Enfatico needs a trained monkey to run the computer maker’s catalog conveyor belt.
We are looking for people who love a challenge and want to get in on the ground floor of an amazing new venture—the founding of a new WPP company that has initially partnered with Dell Computers. Play a role in the creation of a global entity. We offer a competitive compensation package and the opportunity to do great work for terrific clients with a talented team.
We are currently seeking an Associate Creative Director to oversee the creative team that is responsible for the B2B and catalog advertising for Dell. This individual will be responsible for leading our creative teams in best practices and helping maximize sales and profitability of Dell’s catalog channel and B2B, domestically and internationally. The Associate Creative Director functions as the lead creative contact on accounts under his or her supervision. He/She reports to the Creative Director who supervises his/her creative responsibilities. The ACD formulates concepts and leads staff engaged in executing designs and copy.
• Produce intelligent and on strategy creative solutions that reflect brand personality.
• Train and supervise assigned staff of designers and other creative personnel.
• Oversee the execution of all creative efforts to insure they are on strategy, on budget, and on schedule.
• Participate in account team and client planning sessions regarding campaign strategy and the approach to any significant project.
• Lead certain creative projects and team members with a hands-on supervisory approach while facilitating a collaborative team environment.
• Maintain quality of the agency’s advertising, as well as the quality and operation of assigned personnel within the Creative Department. By example and direction, the ACD fosters a departmental reputation for creative excellence.
• Maintain an effective departmental structure, and help create and maintain a high energy level throughout the Creative Department.
• Participate in and contribute to the new business activities of the agency.
• Provide clear/objective critiques of creative work during development.
• Make presentations internally and /or with senior level clients.
• Remain current and communicate industry trends and techniques.
• Keeps Creative Director informed about the creative work progress for clients, and about the ways in which those projects are being produced.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• 4-7 years of creative team leadership experience.
• Knowledge and experience in performing a variety of advertising assignments is required.
• The ability to think strategically and work autonomously.
• The ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and multiple creative teams to adjust to changes in timelines, deadlines, and project goals.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to train and mentor creative staff.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment