Monday, December 03, 2007

Essay 4786


Back again by unpopular demand in a MultiCultClassics Monologue…

• Sen. Larry Craig is back in the news, with a newspaper reporting eight men claim to have either had sex with Craig or were recipients of his sexual advances. “It is unfortunate that the Idaho Statesman has chosen to continue to lower itself to the standards of what can best be described as tabloid journalism,” said Craig in an email statement. “Despite the fact the Idaho Statesman has decided to pursue its own agenda and print these falsehoods without any facts to back them up, I won’t let this paper’s attempt to malign my name stop me from continuing my work to serve the people of Idaho.” The people of Idaho probably wish they could take a bathroom break from Craig’s continuing drama.

• Don Imus is back on the air, with two Black comedians on staff. Imus openly discussed the controversy that led to his firing by saying, “I didn’t see any point in going on some sort of ‘Larry King’ tour to offer a bunch of lame excuses for making an essentially reprehensible remark about innocent people who did not deserve to be made fun of. … I will never say anything in my lifetime that will make any of these young women at Rutgers regret or feel foolish that they accepted my apology and forgave me. And no one else will say anything else on my program that will make anyone think that I didn’t deserve a second chance.” Dog the Bounty Hunter and Michael Richards are probably hoping to appear on the new show soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey I know, let’s do the Stern thing 20 years later and get a, wait for it, African-American sidekick to show how much he's really isn’t a racist! They won’t be able to complain now.

I hate that fucking guy.