This actual craigslist ad demonstrates the increasingly insane expectations among employers. The agency wants a writer with 7+ years experience—Masters preferred—to write automotive direct mail and annual reports. Because you need that advanced degree to craft lines like, “No money down!”
Automotive Copywriter – Contractor/ Freelancer
Date: 2010-01-06, 3:45PM CST
Reply to: email@example.com
Advertising firm in Chicago is seeking a freelance copywriter with experience in the automotive industry to translate concepts into effective copy, ensuring copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
• Works with creative director to develop ad campaigns and concepts of outstanding quality for interactive/web, print, broadcast, direct mail and other forms of promotion for agency and clients.
• Researches clients’ products/services/image to ensure ability to write accurate, on-target copy/concepts for assigned projects.
• Writes to ensure copy/concepts serve the purpose of first and foremost promoting the client’s brand image and/or selling their product or service, according to the strategic creative plan
• Assignments include brochures, annual reports, whitepapers, letters, scripts, direct mail and other promotional materials related to the specific products/services
• Bachelors Degree in related field required, Masters preferred
• 7+ years automotive industry copywriting experience required
• Brand strategy and implementation support experience preferred
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Great attention to detail
• Able to juggle multiple projects while meeting demanding deadlines, producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
• Creativity and originality
Please provide rate information and samples of your work with response in order to be considered.
Samples of your previous work are required in your application.