Monday, January 26, 2009
6373: Senator Oprah And Other Politics.
Making the cut with a MultiCultClassics Monologue…
• Embattled Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich revealed he considered naming Oprah to Barack Obama’s Senate seat. And if she declined, Blagojevich probably would’ve opted for Dr. Phil or Tyra Banks.
• Sprint Nextel announced plans to cut 8,000 jobs. For 8,000 people, The Now Network becomes The Now Not Work.
• Home Depot announced plans to dump 7,000 jobs, plus close 48 stores nationwide. You can do it. We can help—by continuing to avoid shopping at Home Depot.
• Starbucks is brewing plans to dump 1,000 workers. That’s a Grande amount of unemployed baristas.
• Caterpillar reported 4Q profits dropped 32 percent, and said it might unload 20,000 workers. Employees are hoping management will move like a caterpillar on that decision.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment