This actual job listing from craigslist was mistakenly published in the Writing/Editing category. Then again, given the sad state of affairs for Madison Avenue copywriters, maybe it wasn’t a mistake.
JANITORIAL, CREW LEADER WANTED
Reply to: ELUCAS@KIMCOCORP.COM
Date: 2009-01-08, 5:59PM CST
General retail store maintenance, including, but not limited to: trash removal; dusting; cleaning and restocking supplies in restrooms, break rooms, sweeping and mopping floors; vacuuming; window washing; scrubbing and buffing floors, order supplies, good communication with store managers, other duties as assigned. Specific duties may vary. Must be a hardworking, dedicated team player willing to work Weekends & Holidays.
Assign, coordinate, and inspect the work of a small group of individuals engaged in retail cleaning. Train new personnel regarding the use of cleaning supplies and methods, and schedule for performing various tasks. Perform site evaluations to assure that work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established procedures. Monitor work performance and inform the Operation Manager of progress of new employees, or any problems with employees.
• Knowledge of generally accepted methods of retail cleaning of buildings
• Knowledge of products and equipment used in cleaning buildings
• Knowledge of safety precautions and procedures associated with retail cleaning
• Ability to communicate effectively orally with co-workers, supervisors and the general public
• Ability to supervise
• Ability to work independently